Objectives and Themes of JFBS Annals
JFBS members and non-members can submit a manuscript for the Annals. The themes are to be as follows (but not limited to):
■JFBS Annals published in past years are here.
|Deadline of Submission||Throughout a whole year|
The JFBS editorial committee reviews manuscripts submitted by the end of January. Result notification will be sent to the author(s) by the end of March.
|Final Submission||Author(s) need to modify the manuscript based on the comments and re-submit by the end of May.|
|Publication of JFBS Annals||September|
Notes for Contributors
1. The annals mainly consists of invited papers, reviewed papers and case studies. For submission to the annals, membership requirement does not apply.
2. Contributions should be original papers written in either Japanese or English on the theme of the JFBS annual conference in that year or topics related to business and society. The contributions have neither been published previously nor are under review for publication elsewhere by the end of September when the annals comes out.
3. Japan Forum of Business and Society (JFBS) has all copyrights of submitted papers for publication.
4. Authors are requested to seek written permission in advance when citing their accepted papers in any other publication including internet sites. With the request accepted, authors cite the annals information such as the series number and the date of publication.
5. All papers are to be submitted in a single column format. Articles in Japanese language should be no longer than 18,000 characters (case studies: approx. 9,000 characters) including title, abstract, keywords, notes and references, but excluding tables and figures. For articles in English should be no longer than 8,000 words (case studies: approx. 4,000 words) including title, abstact, keywords, notes and references, but excluding tables and figures.
6. References should be cited in the text either in brackets, e.g. Earlier studies (Schumpeter, 1934) showed... or as part of a sentence, e.g. Schumpeter (1934) states.... The reference should be listed alphabetically in the end of papers. In submitted papers, authors should not cite their own previous papers.
7. Authors should attach a cover letter which includes the title of the paper, author(s)’ name(s), author(s)’ contact information, an abstract (100 to 150 words) and keywords (10 words or phrases) in a word format.
8. Authors should follow the guidelines posted at the JFBS site to ensure their submission is in the correct format. (It is particularly important that authors may not use any third-party material such as figures and images on the internet and photos without appropriate permissions.)
9. Submission deadlines for the reviewed papers is the end of January after the annual conference, and for both the invited papers and case studies, the end of March.
10. The annals uses a double-blind peer review system, in which two referees delegated by the JFBS editorial committee review. Then, the chief editor make a final decision.
11. When accepted, authors can proofread for publication only once. Neither adding nor deleting sentences/ words can be made while proofreading. Only typographical/literal errors could be made.
12. All materials along with submitted papers are not returned to authors for any reason.
13. Papers should be submitted in a word file to email@example.com
【JFBS Editorial Cimmittee】
Editor in chief
Professor Katsuhiko Kokubu, Kobe University
Professor Kazuyori Kanai, Osaka University of Commerce
Professor Masahiro Okada, Keio University
Professor Kanji Tanimoto, Waseda University
Associate Professor Mitsuhiro Umezu, Keio University
Associate Professor Masaru Yarime, University of Tokyo
【Japan Forum of Business and Society (JFBS)】
c/o:Tanimoto Office, School of Commerce, Waseda University,
1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjyuku-Ku, Tokyo 169-8050 Japan
Tel & Fax: 03-3203-7132